Mooney's Bay Ski Area
Good post-work exercise skate ski. No idea when it was last groomed, but it was better than I had expected, perhaps because of the skiff of new snow. I struggled with some slippery spots, but a more experienced skate skier probably wouldn't have even noticed.
Mooney's Bay offers skiing inside the Ottawa city limits! There are 5.5 km of groomed trails for classic and skate with some portions lit at night. Perfect for after work. Perfect for the entire family. To view course offerings: Ottawa 2021/2022 Recreation Registration Page.
Terry Fox Athletic Facility (at Mooney's Bay Park) 2960 Riverside Drive 613-580-3575
- Access to the trails for a reasonable daily rate of ONLY $3.75 per day or $39.75 for the season.
- Free parking!
- Rentals by 'Lafleur de la Capital' #613-298-3775
- Indoor change rooms and washrooms
- Lit trails for night skiing
- A ski tuck shop and hot chocolate for sale
- Official sponsor 'Fresh Air Experience'
- Free information on equipment, clothing, waxing, trails and related services
The indoor facility will be open from mid December through early March (weather permitting), at the following times: 9 am to 9 pm Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm Saturday and Sunday.